All Bakcou e-bikes come with a one-year (365-day) manufacturer's warranty. This manufacturer's warranty begins on the day the bike is received and is valued at $529. This manufacturer's warranty can be extended for an additional year at $349 and for two additional years at $579. The manufacturer's warranty protects against all manufacturing defects in material or workmanship in accordance with the following terms:
- The rights and claims arising from this Extended Warranty are in addition to your statutory rights.
- Only the original owner of the eBike is covered by this Extended Warranty. The Warranty Period begins the day the bike is received and shall end immediately upon any sale or transfer of the eBike to another person. Under no circumstances shall the Extended Warranty apply to any subsequent owner or other transferees of the eBike.
- The Original Owner of the e-bike must activate the warranty by registering the bike's serial number (located on the headtube) within 30 days of receiving the bike. This can be done through the “Warranty Registration” link located at the bottom of the Bakcou website homepage.
- The Warranty is limited to the replacement of bicycle components including the lithium-ion battery (the “Battery”), frame, forks, stem, handlebar, headset, seat post, saddle, brakes, lights, bottom bracket, crankset, pedals, rims, wheel hub, freewheel, cassette, derailleur, shifter, motor, throttle, controller, wiring harness, LCD display and kickstand (each a “Covered Component”).
- The Battery warranty does not include damage from use of improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuse, normal wear or water damage.
- The Covered Components are warranted to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during the Warranty Period.
This Extended Warranty Does Not Cover
- Normal wear and tear of any Covered Component.
- Consumables or normal wear and tear parts (such as tires, tubes, brake pads, cables and housing, grips, chain, spokes).
- Any damage or defects to Covered Components resulting from failure to follow instructions in the eBike owner’s manual, acts of God, accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, commercial use, alterations, modification, improper assembly, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the eBike as sold, operator error, water damage, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Bakcou will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage, failure, or loss caused by any unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
- The Battery is not warranted from damage resulting from the use of an improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuses, normal wear, or water damage.
- Any products sold by Bakcou that are not an eBike.
Bakcou will not replace any covered component under this warranty without first seeing photo's or video of the damaged covered component.
In order to exercise your right to receive a replacement for a damaged Covered Component under this Warranty, you must:
- Contact the Bakcou Technical Support team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (844) 227-1096 The Technical Support team will initially work with you on the problem with your eBike to identify potential simple fixes.
- If the Technical Support team determines that a Covered Component must be replaced, they will provide you with a set of instructions for receiving the replacement.
- After you receive the replacement Covered Component, the Technical Support team will also provide assistance in determining how to replace or install the new Covered Component into your eBike.
Address: Bakcou, 2840 Wadman Dr, Ogden, UT 84401
Phone: (844) 227-1096
SHIPPING DAMAGE CLAIMS
Upon delivery, immediately inspect your products for damage. Freight damage claims are extremely time sensitive, and we will not accept freight damage claims later than 3 business days from delivery. Note any damage to your products on the Bill of Lading before you and the delivery driver sign-off on the shipment. Take photos of any damage that is found and date the images when possible. Report shipping damage claims within 3 business days of delivery to Bakcou, LLC at (844) 227-1096 or Bakcou.com